Re: [OM] Diving dive bar adaptor parking lot test

Subject: Re: [OM] Diving dive bar adaptor parking lot test
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:07:19 -0700
On 8/23/2022 11:27 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
On Sunday I dropped my E-M1ii with ZD 12-60 onto a paved parking lot
down in Homer. Ugh. At first glance, it looked like everything was
fine, except for the lens cap deciding to do a marathon tour rolling
under no less than 8 cars and stopping under the center of a Toyota
Prius. Because, of course it would.

Anyway, it looked like it was fine, and I dodged a bullet. However,
later on, I was trying to take a picture of something Moosish for our
own Moosie, when it wouldn't focus right. Uh oh.

Having tested the lens on my legacy E-bodies, the lens does seem to be
fine. The E-M1ii also appears to be fine if I used m43 lenses.

The MMF-3 is bent. Oh no. Fortunately, it's JUST an adaptor.
Inexpensive. I'll just pick up another.

HOLY COW! Those things are EXPENSIVE!!!!

Wow! $250, used, at KEH.

When I tried out the E-1, E-300 and E-400, vs. E-5 II, I used the same ZD lens on all of them. Ergo, I must have an adapter. Yup! Cheap, plastic, unbranded, has "MMF-2" and "MMF-3" among the Chinese characters on the stick-on label on the box.

Must have worked, as I have pix with the ZD 14-54/3.5 lens, taken with E-M5 II. I don't recall any trouble with it. Focus was  slow, but that's down to first version lens and non-PDAF body.

It's yours, if you want it. I just can't imagine a situation where I would use
it again.

Shedding Moose