[OM] Nathan's PAD 19/8/2022: the universal language

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 19/8/2022: the universal language
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 23:19:46 +0200
I just came back from a few days visiting Warsaw, the capital of the country
where I was born. Visiting Poland is usually a bittersweet experience for me,
given all the painful history, but on the other hand it is nice to be in a
country where people speak my mother tongue and In a strange way I feel at home
there too.

Last night we went to a piano recital in the Warsaw’s Stare Miasto—old
town—which in reality is all post-war reconstruction since Warsaw was basically
bombed into oblivion by the Germans during WW2. We spent an hour listening to a
Japanese pianist interpreting Chopin, and doing it very well. Sometimes one
hears that you have to be Polish to really play Chopin properly, or Russian to
play Rachmaninov or Tchaikovsky—bullshit, I say. Music is a universal language.
Last year, a Chinese-Canadian pianist won the international Chopin competition
in Warsaw, and one of the foremost interpreters of Chopin’s music is Brazilian.
Truly, Chopin’s music is an International language, So here are four photos of
Mamiko Ueyama from Osaka, playing Chopin’s music in Warsaw:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-mXpQSgx/
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-mXpQSgx/>

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Fdzt3GR/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Fdzt3GR/A>

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-ZdG3mdG/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-ZdG3mdG/A>

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-SBddJRG/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-SBddJRG/A>

Leica content: all photos were made with the 90mm Tele-Elmarit, mounted on my
Panasonic GX80.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman