Re: [OM] (More) Glorious Imperfection (eye test II) [was Painterly vinta

Subject: Re: [OM] (More) Glorious Imperfection (eye test II) [was Painterly vintage Lenses]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 21:33:12 -0700
On 8/10/2022 5:18 PM, MICHAEL GORDON via olympus wrote:
Impressive comparisons.

Thanks!

So the Tammy is an Adaptall

Pre Adaptall (1), let alone Adaptall 2. Vintage about 1970, as best I could find. This one has an M42 mount that's held on over the open back of the lens guts with a chrome, screw on ring. I assume other mounts were made? I'm using an M42=> EOS and EOS=>E mount adapters.

and the 7 elements in 7 G lens?

A reference to a later, Adaptall lens? Nothing about G on this lens.

  I was not aware it excels in alt usage.

It actually looks pretty good in these shots. Pixel peeping, it's not so good wide open, f4 better, f5.6 and on are quite good. Not as much Alt fun as the Canon 58/1.2.

Too Good Moose