Re: [OM] Almost Sunday Flutterby

Subject: Re: [OM] Almost Sunday Flutterby
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 20:45:18 -0700
An Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, a frequent visitor to our garden, decided to land
on a Phlox.

Lovely beastie!

I ran to grab my fastest kit and given the size didn't really need the CU
diopter and
cloudy bright conditions made fill flash optional.   Note the yellow spot band
is not continuous like the Canadian Swallowtail which looks very, very similar.
It is getting late for Canadian ST's around these parts anyway.

OK, I admit it; no chance I would know one from another. They are pretty and I like to photograph them, but am not so hot on IDs.Looking back, I see that we had an Oregon Swallowtail which I just thought was a Western.

Forest and Trees Moose