[OM] Picolay stacker (was "WTFocus Stacking")

Subject: [OM] Picolay stacker (was "WTFocus Stacking")
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 21:28:34 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Bummer it doesn't work readily with ORFs.

I used to stack jpegs with Combine Z but tired of the cranky non-updated
software even if free.
I am not sure I would like the stacker to use my raws--rather I like to
generate Tiffs (minimal processing but recover highlights etc--all processed
identically of course) from my favorite converter that I know how to use and
get decent results  and then stack the tiffs.

I sometimes stack the  Astro raw files with Sequator , but that is another ball
of wax entirely.  The software developer advises that, but others have stacked
tiffs to good effect.  That is not focus stacking but stacking to align stars
and reduce noise.

Stack 'em this way and that, Mike