Re: [OM] New cool gizmo, but limited application--flutterby flash kit

Subject: Re: [OM] New cool gizmo, but limited application--flutterby flash kit
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 13:30:42 -0700
On 6/19/2022 11:21 AM, Mike Gordon via olympus wrote:
Once in a while like to use flash bracket when chasing flutterbys, but not
lately as too heavy or inconvenient.  If using Lepp II bracket and want to
change to portrait, typically have to turn the cam using an L-bracket with a
mini clamp screwed in the bracket---unless the lens has a tripod mount.   The
below gizmo would solve the issue.   The gizmo would likely cramp the gripping
space in the A7R series so not sure would want it in lieu of L bracket in other
situations.   After the poor experience with kickstarter with the Arsenal
gizmo, I'll wait till it's out.  Never try anything when they suggest putting
the thing in the freezer for 20 min to make firmware upgrades go smoothly.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/8487488165/kickstarter-atoll-tripod-collar-makes-camera-angle-adjustment-a-breeze-no-matter-your-gear

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/silencecorner/atoll

I am sure Dr. No Tripod will get one asap.

Oh yeah! It can spend its days sitting next to the unused Oly tripod ring for
the 100-400.

Admission: I am thinking of setting up a tripod on the deck, pointing 100-400 at the fountain. I was out there yesterday. In addition to the usual small birds, a Band Tailed Pigeon landed on the fountain and stayed a long time. Sans camera, I was limited to enjoying it. 😁

Sitting quietly, most birds ignore us. But raise a big, black thingie and some are spooked. This would be a first use for the lens tripod mount. I did bring the 12-200 out later, but it's short for the small birds.

Flexible Moose