[OM] IMG: 12 hours in the 5th arrondissement

Subject: [OM] IMG: 12 hours in the 5th arrondissement
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 19:23:40 +0200
I have had a hectic couple of weeks, with travel and work, so I am a bit behind
with my weekly blog, but in the meantime I am working my way through the many
photos I took during my travels.

On April 28th I presented a new study we have done together with the Community
Plant Variety Office in Angers, a couple of hours south of Paris by train. The
following day I was going to travel to Washington. So once my work at Angers
was done in the afternoon, I went to get a Covid test at a pharmacy (necessary
for travelling to the US the following day), and then took the train to Paris
to spend the night there. My flight to the US was on the 29th in the afternoon,
so I had asked our travel agency to get me a hotel close to a RER (commuter
train) station so that I could easily get to the Charles de Gaulle airport the
next day, preferably somewhere in the Latin quarter. And so it was.

I arrived at my hotel around 11 p.m. on the 28th, checked in and went for a
walk in search of beer. Bars in Paris close early but I found a couple of
suitable watering holes and also took a few night pictures. The next morning I
got up early, as I always do, and went for a walk in the area, visiting some
familiar places (such as Jardin du Luxembourg) and a couple of places that I
had not visited before—the Panthéon, where the great and good of France (and
some deserving foreigners) are buried, and the church of Saint-Étienne du Mont,
one of the oldest in Paris. All in all, I spent about 12 hours in Paris between
my arrival late in the evening and getting on the train to the airport early in
the afternoon the following day. A small gallery of 40 photos shows some of the
things I saw during my short visit. I am not necessarily pleased with every
image I have (around 80 altogether that survived the cull on the plane), but I
am pleased overall with a decent heist from such a short stay.

http://www.frozenlight.eu/paris_apr2022/index.html

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman