Re: [OM] IMG: Lisbon

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Lisbon
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 21:55:01 -0700
On 5/11/2022 1:13 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
In late April, my wife played in a bridge tournament in Lisbon. Being the good husband, I drove
her and her bridge partner Curra to Portugal’s capital, 930 km from Alicante, and stayed
there for the weekend. No great sacrifice, though. I have always loved Lisbon. I think it is one
of the world’s most photogenic cities. On previous occasions, I have taken many black
& white photos there, but this time I stuck with colour. The weather was lousy much of the
time, but rain makes for nice city pictures, and there were spells of good weather too. A small
gallery of 39 photos is here, with my usual focus on murals and small details, but quite a few
people too:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/lisbon_apr2022/index.html

"You don't fight war with war--a noble if somewhat naive sentiment. "

 Mohandas Gandhi, Nelson Mandela . . .

I quite like the perspective and repeating elements of Mural III.

Nos. 2 & 3 seem to me more pleasing/effective when perspective corrected. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wajsman/VerticalLisbon.htm>

I love that bull ring building.

Vertical Moose