Re: [OM] OT: Interesting Toy

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Interesting Toy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:42:03 -0700
On 4/27/2022 6:39 PM, christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Every so often I find something terribly unusual in a Goodwill store, and
yesterday yielded another such find: a Maxfli G405 laser range finder. It was
dead, so I bought a fresh battery and crossed my fingers. Pressed the power
button and the eyepiece display turned on. Took it outside and played with it.
Seems to work okay. I would love to find a manual for it, but there's nothing
to be found online.
The mode switch goes from meters to yards and then something else. Meters is
okay.

MaxFli is a golf ball brand:

"Maxfli is a brand of sports equipment, most recognized for its golf balls, currently owned by Dick's Sporting Goods. Dick's purchased the brand from TaylorMade Golf on February 11, 2008; however, the Noodle trademark and all golf ball patents remained with TMaG"

So, they didn't make the rangefinder. It appears that the same basic unit was sold under several brand names. Look for an image match to the real maker or a similar model under another name.

Re Search Moose