[OM] They rebuilt me

Subject: [OM] They rebuilt me
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 16:17:59 -0700
I got a new hip on Tuesday, after a roller coaster of uncertainty and three
different surgery dates due to area hospital’s COVID overcrowding. Now, like
some fine cameras and aircraft, I am partially made of titanium. I went home
the next day. The hip is healing well. I can hobble around the house with a
walker. More bothersome are the fatigue, and side effects from the post-op
medications.

Here is a suitably dramatic post-op selfie, and a nicely abstract instructional
photo Katya took of the position I must frequently assume, with a side order of
ice.  The strap is helps me lift up my leg when I get in or out of bed. It
looks more suitable for lashing large items to a pickup truck.

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/083B6D4B-B1BE-4E7F-815F-D7C5214F5511.jpeg.html

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/934C81B0-C65A-436D-8D26-DC850C9C16C9.jpeg.html