Re: [OM] What we've all been waiting for ?

Subject: Re: [OM] What we've all been waiting for ?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 13:05:32 +0000

>$US2200 is a bargain, they're asking $AU3300 here, with the current exchange
>rate
>it should be ~$AU3050 here.
>
>Anyhow I read this in the promo for the camera: " In addition to improving the
>overall
>autofocus experience, the OM-1 can also recognise cars, motorcycles, airplanes,
>helicopters, trains, and birds, as well as dogs and cats." - no good for
>photographing
>kangaroos then! I wonder if you can train the AI autofocus to your own subject
>matter?

     If the camera is that intelligent, it should easily tell the difference
between a bird, a plane, and Superman.

     AF (auto fuzzy) is not a feature that I look for.  When I get an
E-500/10/520 body the first thing I do is turn off all of the automatic
features, especially the hybernation timer.  I was stalking a Gila Monster
years ago, which took a lot of patience, and when I finally got the scene that
I wanted I found that the camera had gone to sleep, and I missed the
opportunity.

Chris

- Hunter S. Thompson