Re: [OM] IMG: pics with my new Olympus OM4T

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: pics with my new Olympus OM4T
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 15:00:14 -0800
On 2/13/2022 12:35 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
In December, I acquired two Olympus OM4T cameras and three lenses—28mm, 50mm
and 85mm. I love this outfit. My first couple of rolls were marked by some user error
(read: sloppy habits from shooting digital) but there are some images on the first 3
rolls that I like enough to show to this group.

I like these!

But — it seems to me that the lenses are being unfairly maligned. Somewhere(s), in scanning and downsampling, they've gone all soft. I know the last version 50/1.8 and 85/2; they are sharp lenses.

Here's what they might look like, with proper film, processing, scanning and post processing: <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wajsman/OM-4Ti_Film.htm>

Hudson Yard, New York:
https://www.greatpix.eu/FIlm/Sometimes-I-use-film/i-KkLP3vc/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/FIlm/Sometimes-I-use-film/i-KkLP3vc/A>

And,. I don't like the Ilford XP Super sky grain - ugly.
View from Weehawken:
https://www.greatpix.eu/FIlm/Sometimes-I-use-film/i-s3JdgGD/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/FIlm/Sometimes-I-use-film/i-s3JdgGD/A>

That sort of silhouette should be sharp, no? Grain is fine with the Fuji Acros.

Jersey City II:
https://www.greatpix.eu/FIlm/Sometimes-I-use-film/i-cbDnf6q/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/FIlm/Sometimes-I-use-film/i-cbDnf6q/A>

Such a strong graphic image! I like it better sharp, and it's gotta be square
for full impact.

Alcoy, here in Alicante province:
https://www.greatpix.eu/FIlm/Sometimes-I-use-film/i-wKQn5pB/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/FIlm/Sometimes-I-use-film/i-wKQn5pB/A>

OK, maybe I got carried away. 😉 It's such a pretty fountain, well framed, that
I like it as the visual center.

Did I mention that I love the Olympus OM film cameras?

Not my thing anymore, but I am happy it seems to be refreshing your photographic vision. Happy that it's doing that for you, and happy for me to enjoy the fruits of your labors.

Level and Plumb Moose