Re: [OM] long lens distortion

Subject: Re: [OM] long lens distortion
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 00:01:08 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<But this could be a big deal to MikeG, who does on occasion stalk Snowy Owls
— and has remarked on what appeared to him to be atmospheric disturbance
softening.

Indeed. I have planned a snowy owl photo hike on Friday--scheduled a day off a
couple months back.  Last year had curious difficulty getting sharp images.
The critters were at least 1.5 mi
out on the trails behind Crane beach but the cam was cozy in an insulated cam
bag.  I may keep it partially unzipped to speed thermal equilibration.  Despite
being 15 deg last year
the sun was in and out and could have been unavoidable atmospheric effects, but
best to maximize the chances of a good shot. I only spot the yellow eyed
critters about 50% of outings.
BTW, just ordered Valleret stretch Prol liner gloves for Marnie and me--arrive
tomorrow.  Also ordered Tripod leg wraps that looks rather nifty and keeps it
less cold to touch.  I rather think it's mostly jewelry, but that is not the
story I will tell.

No fuzzys,  still victim of GAS attack, Mike