Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 4/2/2022: a failed attempt at panning

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 4/2/2022: a failed attempt at panning
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 18:59:47 -0800
On 2/6/2022 9:28 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Sometimes people say “sharpness is bourgeois concept”. Most of the time, it is just
an excuse for a poorly executed photograph. But sometimes one gets luck. So it was for me on Friday
afternoon, when I was in Tibi to get some photos of the Vuelta a la Comunidad Valenciana bicycle
race. I took quite a few pictures, 10 of which I showed in this gallery
<https://www.greatpix.eu/Volta-a-la-Comunitat-Valenciana-2022/> earlier today. Most are
sharper than the one I chose for my daily pic, but this is the one that I myself like best, despite
the obvious unsharpness. I tried panning the camera, and while my attempt ultimately failed, I find
that the image is quite dynamic and conveys the speed and the effort of a hard stage in the
mountains:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-swgqMmp/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-swgqMmp/A>

Not a failure at all. As with photographing wind, photographing movement can be tough. This is the best/most interesting of the bunch, to my eye.

Motion Blur Moose