[OM] Nathan's PAD 30/12/2021: Brooklyn

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/12/2021: Brooklyn
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 20:37:44 -0500
We spent a good part of yesterday afternoon in Brooklyn, near the waterfront at
the bottom of Grand Street. This is a neighbour I used to visit when we lived
in New Jersey in the 1990s and would come into the city on Sundays to visit my
wife’s aunt in Wiliamsburg. Back then, the words used to describe the place
would be multi-ethnic but also seedy, run-down, and frankly also somewhat
dangerous (during one of our first visits to Williamsburg, in 1990, someone was
shot on the street while we were visiting).

Today, Brooklyn is a very different place. 30 years ago, we never saw this kind
of people in the street:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LrRJs4d/A

The derelict waterfront is now a nice park called Domino Park, with nice views
of Manhattan:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LKP3SJM/A

And there is also a great little dog park under the Williamsburg Bridge:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-9NKCvvX/A

A most enjoyable place.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"