[OM] Calling all Pixel Peepers

Subject: [OM] Calling all Pixel Peepers
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 23:00:19 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Nothing says Happy New Year like some serious pixel peeping.

This Sigie lens has to be sharp in the corners wide open for astro landscapes.
Sigma has quite good QA now but on FM about 1/3 end up being sent back.  I was
tempted by the sonnie 14/1.8 but there are more aberrations in the corners even
at f2.8, the corners are just so-so at 1.8 and the copy variation is quite
large.  It is smaller and lighter and thus better for travel though.

I focused on our chimney in the center of frame and then moved the cam so the
chimney was in each extreme corner--200% crops. IBIS off and on tripod.  These
are SOOC jpegs.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Sigma-14-24-f28-centering-200/

I think modestly soft at 24mm in the rt lower corner but not badly decentered
at 200%.  Good enough or not???  I can send it back for 30 days.

Mike