[OM] Nathan's PAD 28/11/2021: how does one photograph wind?

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/11/2021: how does one photograph wind?
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 09:08:12 +0100
Last Sunday, as I set out on my bike ride, a very strong wind was blowing from
the south-west. I had elected to go south to the beaches south of Alicante, so
it meant that the first half of my 80 km ride were against the
wind—character-building to say the least (the route is circular, so I did not
have tailwind all the way home afterwards, sometimes strong side wind which
always makes cycling more interesting ;-)).

In any event, it was not particularly cold, somewhere between 15 and 20C,  but
the wind kept people away from the beaches. I first stopped at Urbanova, a
beach about 17 km south of where I live, close to my office.

From a photographic point of view to photograph wind is harder than to
photograph, say, rain. Here is one attempt:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tcr4KnP/A

The only person I saw at Urbanova:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QhtvDLW/A
(In the distance are some ships and what appears to be a giant UFO, although it
could be the island of Tabarca)

At the southern-most point of my route, Santa Pola, the beach was also
deserted, with a man looking for coins with his metal detector the only human
presence:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-mzPCw6K/A

November is probably the quietest month around here. In December things pick up
again, first with the long weekend at the beginning of the month (December 6th
is Spain’s Constitution Day, and December 8th is the Feast of the Immaculate
Conception, so this year many people have a 5-day weekend), and then of course
Christmas and New Year, when many tourists come here, especially people from
Madrid who have their vacation homes on the coast.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx