[OM] Vivitar Series 1 70-210/2.8-4.0 Lens

Subject: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 70-210/2.8-4.0 Lens
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 23:40:33 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Very cool lens-- I believe it is a "cult classic."  Please keep us updated.
Too bad the "Cult Classic" website is defunct but the web archive doesn't
forget.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030415043752/http://medfmt.8k.com/third/cult.html#lockup

Tele zooms with substantial macro ability were not common then.

A few years ago Jeff Keller spotted a nice copy of the Viv S1 90-180/4.5  in OM
mount that goes to 1:2 on the long end and I bought it.  Very cool lens but has
a tad of CA compared to today's lenses.  It has the same coating as the Viv S1
90 macro that is very nice and no color cast, but because of the complexity of
the lens and the numerous air-glass interfaces with this coating, it has a
complex but consistent color cast.  I was in the process of creating a custom
ICC profile just to negate the cast but not nullify everything to a neutral WB
but got  too busy at work  just after I started.

Mike