[OM] IMG: Copenhagen in the rain

Subject: [OM] IMG: Copenhagen in the rain
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 21:56:30 +0100
It seems a bit frivolous to post photos right now, having just learned of the
loss of Jim, but on the other hand life goes on and I think he would have liked
many of these, based on comments he has given me over the years.

After my 3 days in Aarhus, I went to Copenhagen for one night, using the
approximately 1.5 days there to visit my parents’ graves and to get together
with friends. It was raining most of the time on the first day, but no matter—I
still enjoyed the city. And much of my planned activity was indoors anyway,
especially a visit to the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art in Humlebæk, about 30
km north of Copenhagen. This time, the highlight was an exhibition of work by
Danish painter J.A. Jerichau, who committed suicide at age 26 (1890-1916) and
was largely forgotten for many years even though his paintings were a source of
inspiration cited by subsequent famous artists like Asger Jorn and Per Kirkeby.
Jerichau was ahead of his time in many ways, and the fact that he was bisexual
at a time when such a sexual orientation was frowned upon did not make his life
easier. His artistic career lasted just 6-7 years but produced impressive work
which I show in this small gallery of my short visit to Copenhagen:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/cph_nov2021/

There are also photos from the city itself, of course.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws