Re: [OM] Moosehead Lake trip and with MW shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Moosehead Lake trip and with MW shots
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 21:39:52 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<I'd be interested in seeing a patch of stars in the HR image at 100% if that
<<is possible.

Hi Wayne.
Here 'tis.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Moosehead-Lake-2021/i-wnJ9mth/A

 Not sure exactly what to post but used the SOOC  jpg "hand held high res" at
100% crop.  It aligned the stars but the foreground is smudged as a result of
course which is exactly as it should be--need a separate foreground shot.  It
is not
"designed" to do this and seems to only work if sky is dark enough and the
stars predominate.  It should be superior to a 10 image stack I usually would
do using Sequater, but the latter can freeze the foreground as defined by the
user.  The raw file when processed is obviously much better even before
tweaking in PS.
I'll leave it up for a week or so but don't like to leave the sausage making
images readily available as my "finished" ones have enough deficits.
Mike