Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 42: Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 42: Netherlands
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 15:27:35 -0700
On 11/3/2021 4:02 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I have already shown you my galleries from Eindhoven and Amsterdam, and some of the
photos in this blog are in those galleries, but most are not, especially the photos
from the DesignEuropa Award that my office sponsored, and various other people
pictures. In addition, there are the usual urban details, some nice light, and some
wet weather. It’s all here:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=3429

While the Royal Picture Gallery Mauritshuis was being remodeled in 2013, "The
Girl
With the Pearl Earring", along with several contemporary works by others, came to San Francisco. They were displayed along with a couple of other Vermeers from other sources.

The entrance to the gallery was a large wall with reproductions of all of Vermeer's known paintings. It provided a nice overview of his work, which emphasized the narrow range.

It all makes sense, if one watches the wonderful documentary "Tim's Vermeer" and believes in his theory, and demonstration, of how Vermeer worked.

Window Light Moose