Re: [OM] New Branding announcement

Subject: Re: [OM] New Branding announcement
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 23:13:18 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Sony's 4/3 size sensor announcement and rumors suggest what we will see is a
new body with the Sony global shutter sensor. Anybody want to bet it won't be
an upgrade to the <<E-M1 series, in the same package?

The new Nikon Z9 can clear the sensor in a bit under 4ms--not a true global
shutter but they don't even have/require a mechanical shutter in the Z9.  It is
a real behemoth though.    Oly should have a bit of an easier time speeding  up
the sensor read much more.  I was pleased the company  wasn't just sold off in
bits.  The video indeed was a bit painful to watch  with the marketing speak.
Only a niche market may remain with the Big Guys now in mirrorless.  They have
a decent chance of pulling it off, but time will tell.

Mike