[OM] Nathan's PAD 11/9/2021: a delightful lady in Aigues

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 11/9/2021: a delightful lady in Aigues
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 20:49:19 +0200
I have been a bit silent in the past few days, mainly because last week I was
on my first business trips since March 2020, albeit just to Madrid, where our
office was sponsoring a major academic conference. Now I am back home,
processing photos and cycling. This morning, I did my usual Aigües-Busot route.
In Aigües, the usually sleepy square in front of the church was very lively—a
local arts and crafts market was taking place. As usual, I bought a Coke at the
small supermarket and took a break. This lady asked me where I had cycled from,
and we had a nice conversation. She is originally from the Netherlands but has
lived here for many years, now retired, and she spends her time on hiking in
the mountains and making beautiful things out of stuff we throw away—shopping
bags, water bottles, aluminium cans and the like. She told me that she had a
good pension and did not need the money, but she wanted to show her neighbours
in the village that one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. She
happily posed for me:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-n3jsmQN/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-n3jsmQN/A>

And this is an example of her work, a basked made of plastic shopping bags:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qx3Dp84/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qx3Dp84/A>

Cycling has many rewards, including meeting people like her.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx