Re: [OM] IMG: The Leica-R 60mm Macro-Elmarit Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Leica-R 60mm Macro-Elmarit Lens
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 15:05:19 -0500
Thanks for the confirmation, Mike.  He was suffering from what was probably a bird encounter, so perhaps that was why he allowed me a few shots.  He did not linger for long.

Looks like a Red Spotted Purple to me.  I almost always have a very hard time
getting a decent image as they are strong fliers and almost never stay put for
me.
They can cross breed with White Admirals I believe and can have variable
appearance--very showy butterfly but difficult to capture the luminescence or
any image for that matter--- at least for me.

Chasing doesn't mean catching, Mike

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA