Re: [OM] [Leica] IMG: Unknown Flying Insect (Updated at 1900 CDT)

Subject: Re: [OM] [Leica] IMG: Unknown Flying Insect (Updated at 1900 CDT)
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 19:21:37 -0500
The insect in the photo has been identified. Aram Langhans, the resident (Semi) Retired Science Teacher on the LUG identified it as a Syrphid Fly (Palpada sp.) and sent a link with photo.  I will update my gallery.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Syrphid_Fly_(Palpada_sp.)_(7558922774).jpg <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Syrphid_Fly_(Palpada_sp.)_(7558922774).jpg>