[OM] adapted lenses and Leica sensor

Subject: [OM] adapted lenses and Leica sensor
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:35:25 -0700
While searching around I came across this article on the 24mpx Leica sensor.
Made by CMOSIS (not Sonie). I assume the 40mpx sensor is similar.

http://gmpphoto.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-future-of-sensor-technology-at-leica.html

https://leicarumors.com/2012/09/19/the-24mp-max-sensor-inside-the-new-leica-m-is-mabe-by-cmosis.aspx/

The interesting part is the thin sensor combined with wide aperture pixel micro
lenses. Which help prevent stray light getting to adjacent pixels.

In a test of a new 28mm Voigtlander lens for Leica, it is apparent that the
lens adapted to the Sony does not do as well were angle of incidence is
greatest in the corners.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1704868

WayneS