[OM] CU and teleconverter notes

Subject: [OM] CU and teleconverter notes
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:21:02 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Interesting Wayne.  It was not mentioned in John Shaw's books, IIRC that using
a TC can result in a focal length at closest focus shorter than the primary
lens!
Very weird.  It get's a bit complex adding extension before or after the TC as
well but it had been assumed by many that a 2X TC on a 50mm lens  right on the
lens with no ext tube
would largely behave as a 100mm lens ---well at infinity, it does.
TC even back in the day work best with matched optics---now essentially
critical with all the aspheric elements.
I remember my first trial using a Tamron 2X TC on the Zuiko 50mm/3.5 macro.
Ugh!! -- the corners were mush even stopped down a bunch.  Same TC on the Tam
80-200/2.8 worked nicely.

Just have to try it sometimes and see what happens, Mike