Re: [OM] Do you suffer from vemodalen?

Subject: Re: [OM] Do you suffer from vemodalen?
From: "Pearce, Wilfred via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 18:21:17 +0000
Cc: "Pearce, Wilfred" <pearce@xxxxxxxx>
This is something that makes me feel both smarter and sadder, it's a perfect
Thursday! I have been long aware of this situation of many many years, bur
never all that disturbed by it. I suspect that painters and sculptors have the
same situation. I have thought for many years that all the original photos have
already been taken but many others, but I just try to do a  job that is either
better or just a bit different than the original. I suspect that there many
others that have come to grips with this.

And Bob should know that he lives in a city that does not have the reputation
for fine visual art that it deserves. There is a photographer here, Johnny
Sutton, who was born nearby, and lives here now about three months of the year,
and the rest of the year in a small town outside of Venice, which enables him
to tour and photograph in Europe. His photographs are remarkable. And mony of
you, if you could see his work, would find it a life changing experience. He
prints large. No, I mean LARGE! And the part that will amaze you is the
remarkable detail in his photos, which are hot with a bottom end Canon APS-C
camera and kit lens. Does he need the hottest, latest and sharpest lens? Nope.
For our European readers, his photographs are in the collections of most of the
major European museums.

And by the way, I've seen several of Bob's public exhibitions, and I must say
that. although many of his photos couldn't be called groundbreaking, they are
quite good, and in no way seem to be to be derivative.