[OM] Nathan's PAD 2/7/2021: baby boom

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 2/7/2021: baby boom
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 17:25:30 +0200
Yesterday, our department had its annual pre-summer lunch—this was the last
week with almost everyone still here. We were at a restaurant, not far from
where I live, conveniently enough. After we had finished eating, a delightful
surprise—Kasia (yes, the one on the cover of the LUG Yearbook) came by to show
off her 3-month old baby. This is the first time we have seen her since she
went on maternity live (she will be out until January). So we were happy to see
her, and I was happy to photograph the maternal instincts in full flow:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-hb7QmQr/A

To pre-empt snide remarks about EU civil servants living it up etc.: we paid
for the lunch out of our own pocket. The only exception was the four
trainees—we on the management team picked up their bill, as is our custom.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"