Re: [OM] "4th of July" B'fly count at Appleton Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] "4th of July" B'fly count at Appleton Farm
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 22:30:23 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
DDM writes

<<My suspicion is that Adobe did a deal to get Oly/Panny's own profiles, rather
that develop their own, and paid by not allowing those profiles to be turned
off. The benefit to Oly/Panny is obvious; <<convert in an Adobe product and it
looks like the lens is well corrected.

<<I imagine your 7-14/2.8 loses part of the AoV you paid for, compared to the
old 7-14/4.

Another problem if you can't turn off the profile correction is that it murders
the astro shots.  the stars get distorted to an unacceptable level.  Ugh.
Adobe conversion with the MZ. 7-14/2.8 is not advised.  Stupid of Adobe to not
allow adjusting the distortion correction as it does for other raw files, IMO.
I find it obnoxious.
There are workarounds of course including DXO.

Let the photog decide, Mike