Re: [OM] OT: Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:04:31 -0700
> From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
> To: 1 <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> Yesterday I recorded the highest temperature I've ever recorded here in
> 45 Years, 35/95.

Just across a bit of water, we've had highs of 38/100 for the third day in a
row.

And we've got hay sitting in the field, getting sun-bleached.

Photo from Mount Maxwell, using OM-D E-M1.2 and OM Zuiko 350/2.8 set to f/5.6
on an Olympus MC-14 teleconverter, for an effective 500mm f/8:

        https://saltspringexchange.com/list/hey-weve-got-hay/

We've been picking and stacking ~100 bales at 6AM, then going back out for
another ~100 bales around 8 PM. Even then, it's 30/86 and we come back drenched
in sweat. Ugh.

We've still got one more run to do this evening or tomorrow morning, and about
5 acres of wetter field left to mow/rake/bale/pick/stack.

(The good news is, the wet field that stuck our mower a week ago should be
thoroughly dry now. The better news is that our yield is about 30% better than
last year. The best news is that I think we've got 60% of it sold to a bulk
user, which will pay for the new/used mower we just bought and put a bunch of
parts into.)

Jan