Re: [OM] Long exposures with OM-4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] Long exposures with OM-4Ti
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 20:02:53 -0700
> From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx <mailto:om3ti@xxxxxxxx>>
>
> I don't recall if that was just the spec limit or if there was some
> leakage/bias current that caused the limit.

I seem to recall that was one of the differences between the OM-4 and the
OM-4T(i).

The OM-4 had a hard, preset limit. But the hard limit was taken away on the
OM-4T, allowing a "soft" limit that was probably determined by leakage current.
I think I did some tests and found that, in cool, dry conditions, I could get
close to a five minute exposure out of it with a lens cap, while hot, humid
conditions reduced it to about half of that.

But this was all in another century, and I could be mis-recalling something, I
guess…

Jan