Re: [OM] OT: USB 3 PCI card claims "not migrated, " but still works

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: USB 3 PCI card claims "not migrated, " but still works
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 12:36:12 +0100
I have bought several StarTech items. In all cases they were more expensive than unbranded alternatives, but they work. I started with a USB to SATA dock after the cheaper one I bought elsewhere fried the first disk I inserted.

Mike

Frankly, I'm not sure that the error message isn't bogus, since the card works. So at this point, I can just run with the current card unless something truly goes wrong, or replace it with a $20 Inatek card (Chinese company), or a $37 StarTech card (made in Taiwan for a Canadian company). Throwing much more money than that at the problem is probably not worth it. I'll probably replace the PC in a year or two, but I'd like to get a bit more life out of it for now.

Any thoughts or suggestions happily considered.  Thanks!
--Peter