Re: [OM] Hike today

Subject: Re: [OM] Hike today
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 12:17:28 -0700
At 6/2/2021 11:14 AM, Moose wrote:
>On 5/29/2021 5:16 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
>
>Great shot!
>
>>At 5/29/2021 04:05 PM, Mike wrote:
>>>Certainly well camouflaged.   Not sure how you spotted him.
>>They are known for their camouflage. I saw movement and spotted him/her
>
>I think picking up movement in peripheral vision is a huge asset for capturing
>critters. It was what led to the hawk photo I recently posted. Our attention
>was all on the rotten deck about to be torn down and what would replace it.
>Had the hawk been simply been sitting in the tree, in plain sight, I'm sure I
>would have missed it. But I registered movement as it flew in, looked for and
>found the cause, and shot it.
>
>Side Glance Moose

Thanks Moose

Their defence is to freeze, then move in short quick movements. So it stayed
still, mostly, allowing me a chance to find the best angle, that is, until the
gabby hikers came by. I had to get down on complaining knees for this shot.

Here is one of the first shots
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zieMNvHsFEVaY7vf7
before it moved and faced into the sun. Has its eye on me. Perhaps with this
one the camouflage is even more apparent.

I have found that many of my shots, the first one or two or the last one or two
seem to be the better shots.

WayneS