Re: [OM] Hike today

Subject: Re: [OM] Hike today
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:14:20 -0700
On 5/29/2021 5:16 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:

Great shot!

At 5/29/2021 04:05 PM, Mike wrote:
Certainly well camouflaged.   Not sure how you spotted him.
They are known for their camouflage. I saw movement and spotted him/her

I think picking up movement in peripheral vision is a huge asset for capturing critters. It was what led to the hawk photo I recently posted. Our attention was all on the rotten deck about to be torn down and what would replace it. Had the hawk been simply been sitting in the tree, in plain sight, I'm sure I would have missed it. But I registered movement as it flew in, looked for and found the cause, and shot it.

Side Glance Moose