[OM] Nathan's PAD 25/5/2021: slacklining

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 25/5/2021: slacklining
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 06:21:02 +0200
On Tuesday afternoon, I was slumming it with the masses on my way home from
work—I was using public transport to get home, having dropped off my car for a
service that would take overnight. “Public transport” meant taking the free
shuttle bus my office provides to the centre of Alicante, and the tram home
from there. While waiting for the tram next to the Postiguet beach at the Plaza
Puerta del Mar, I spotted some guys doing an activity I had not seen before. My
daughter informs me that it is called “slacklining” and is apparently a thing.
It certainly provided me with some entertainment while waiting.

The objective is to get from one tree to the other without falling off:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-s3nvJnc/A

Or to execute a spectacular dismount:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-5qcnLXg/A

I suspect that impressing female spectators plays a big role in this sport.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"