[OM] OT: Wireless Internet

Subject: [OM] OT: Wireless Internet
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:06:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Both Verizon and T-Mobile are launching a nationwide programme to provide
wireless 5G internet everywhere.  Except where I live.  Neither of them
currently have that service available in my neighbourhood, though Verizon
installed the seamless orange tubing down a couple of streets some time ago.
The $60/month rate offered by T-Mobile is attractive as it's less than what I
pay for my 19CL landline, which I rarely use for anything other than dialup
internet.

     So, I'm still in the internet stone age until one of them makes that
service available here.  And to think that I'm in slingshot range of a major
university.  Welcome to America.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/2021/04/19/t-mobile-verizon-up-their-bids-your-next-home-broadband/7262400002/?fbclid=IwAR0F6GPj0Bxk5UnRinK4W9TlrEq5_KZ9EEV-xBYIceTye6lz3A1ZBeqSCto

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson