Re: [OM] IMG: From the Archives, an Adult Cicada

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Archives, an Adult Cicada
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 20:02:46 -0700
At 3/27/2021 11:58 AM, you wrote:

>When the weather is bad, I sometimes go back through the archives to find
>candidates for reprocessing.  This adult Cicada was captured during their
>appearance in May 2011 using my Olympus E-1 and Olympus 35/3.5 Macro lens, and
>the image is uncropped.  The image was touched up slightly with modern
>processing software.
>
>http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20110517-Adult_Cicada.JPG.html

Cicada is probably my most favorite insect. Their synchronized sound used to
mesmerize me as a kid. When I was older, and new about phase locked loops, I
noticed when standing between two, that their sound was in phase. If I rotated
my head the standing wave would diminish to almost nothing while with my ears
each pointed toward one, it was loud. I wondered what kind of communication
they had going on. Of course, as with most of nature, it probably had to do
with sex.

Jim captured, to my eye, the beauty of one. Now perhaps you have a shot of one
of their empty shells?

WayneS