Re: [OM] Tech question for someone younger than me, which is almost all

Subject: Re: [OM] Tech question for someone younger than me, which is almost all of you
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 13:45:50 -0700
> From: Bill Barber <nsurit@xxxxxxx <mailto:nsurit@xxxxxxx>>
>
> I just upgraded to Big Sur on my Mac

You have my sympathy.

I know I'm not being helpful, but I NEVER upgrade to the latest and greatest
until it's been out for a while, and until I can be sure things I need work on
it.

I just upgraded my Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) to Mojave from High Sierra, and now my
Kensington Expert Mouse, which I've had almost as long, is wonky.

In particular, Big Sur is the first to support "Apple Silicon" Macs. That means
it contains object code for both Intel and M1 processors. I don't need that
sort of baggage. And you can bet that most of their efforts are going into M1
issues, in priority over Intel issues!

Do you have a compelling reason for running Big Sur? If not, can you back out
Big Sur? That's probably what I would do.

Jan