Re: [OM] Zone System Mountainside

Subject: Re: [OM] Zone System Mountainside
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 10:28:40 -0900
Smooth as Baby Bottom Moose wrote:
> Nice tones. Too much noise for this picky Moose. It distracts me.

I've also worked up a version of this where the noise/grain is
effectively eliminated. If I do end up printing this image, I'll
address it, as well as adjust some of the tonalities to make an image
suitable for the long-term display.

> This is one of those subjects where a Leica Monochrome would be spectacular.
> The tonal graduations are sublime. Not
> enough for me to buy one, mind you.

I think the Panasonic cameras do a better job with images converted to
monochrome than most. Rumor has it that Leica heavily influenced the
"color science" Panasonic uses. The L1, and now my GX85 are
exceptional in this regard. The E-3 is the sleeper in this though. It
has the ability to mimic either Tri-X or Plus-X really well and this
image is more Plus-X.

AG Schnozz