Re: [OM] Zone System Mountainside

Subject: Re: [OM] Zone System Mountainside
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 10:57:19 +0100
Fifty-one shades of grey they say.

Love it.

As to the colour of snow, two remarks. We occasionally get sand from the Sahara
(read Africa) cover the snow and giving it a yellowish tinge …
And, Eskimos are said by some, to perceive more gradation in the « whites »,
and have specific words that go with them when we would use adjectives,
compound nouns or phrases to express the same idea, for their survival would
depend on it (think thicness of ice, melting snow, falling snow, etc). Yet
another urban myth?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskimo_words_for_snow

OTT : that lens is a keeper I should have kept, along with a 4/3 camera, sigh !

Amities

Philippe