[OM] Tri-species hybrid orchid stack

Subject: [OM] Tri-species hybrid orchid stack
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 19:47:57 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Moose motivated me to proceed with another stack of one of our orchids.  I've
had this orchid over 10 years now--a gift from a patient.
It usually blooms yearly, but never 5 blooms at once before and a 6th is
getting ready but out of sync with the others.

Here is the whole plant--quick phone shot:

https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2017/i-47MN2x8/A

Marnie doesn't like the plant per se, so it is banished to the basement tanks
after it is done blooming.

It was tough to isolate a dominant bloom but I gave it a go and used a large
plant to soften the background and a wide aperture, necessitating a deeper
stack:

https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2017/i-KvSGG85/A

I may have missed a few stacking artifacts.  I sometimes stack with two
contrast thresholds to more quickly fix the halos.

Still stacking, Mike