[OM] Nathan's PAD 7/3/2021: a Sunday drive with my daughter

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 7/3/2021: a Sunday drive with my daughter
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 20:07:54 +0100
My daughter Monica passed her driving test 10 days ago, on her third attempt,
not at all uncommon here—they are strict. So the last two weekends we have been
driving around to let her have some more practice. Today was a rainy day so I
could not go for my usual Sunday bike ride. Instead, Monica and I took a long
Sunday drive, which gave her the opportunity to drive on the motorway and also
curvy mountain roads, in the rain—good experience.

Here she is, behind the wheel and enjoying it:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-fsKj5M8/A

We drove to Tibi, a village about 40 km from Alicante, nestled in the mountains
at about 600 m altitude:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-BKP79DB/A

There, we visited La Quesería del Valle de Tibi, the cheese shop run by Lili
and her husband Julio. He takes care of the goats, she makes the cheese and
runs the shop. They sell retail and also to many restaurants in Alicante, a
business that has obviously suffered during the past year. So I was pleased to
see the shop well stocked and doing well apparently, and so was Monica:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-9PPNVDG/A

In the adjacent room is the cheese production facility. I noticed that Julio
was working there, a rare sight. Perhaps they had to lay off the woman who was
helping Lili with the cheese, so he needs to pitch in. I stuck the lens through
the window separating the shop from the cheese workshop and started snapping:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vqKhv7C/A

When Julio noticed, he greeted me nicely:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tcdBdgw/A

A nice outing, and we came home with some nice cheese.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"