[OM] Life events and moves

Subject: [OM] Life events and moves
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 18:49:50 -0900
A couple of you are aware of my situation, which I'm not going to get
into on-list. But to nutshell it, I'm looking at moving elsewhere
sometime between now and July. No, my job isn't changing, nor am I
leaving Alaska. But as life circumstances are changing, I have an
interesting opportunity that I'm exploring. One that could dovetail
perfectly with a relaunch of my youtube channel.

I'm looking at moving to Whittier, Alaska. This is one of the most
unique communities around and I'd like to experience it for a year (or
more). Whittier is the "town under one roof" place that experiences
some of the most horrid weather conditions known to man. But the photo
opportunities are insane. Alaska is a place of extremes and Whittier
anchors down one corner of the extremes blanket.

I'd rent for a while, but there is a high probability that I'll end up
buying one of the condos once life resettles.

I'm still within a "commute circle" of Anchorage, and I'll be able to
adjust my schedule so I don't have to drive in every day. The drive
from Whittier to Anchorage is insanely beautiful. It starts out going
through a couple of tunnels, past Portage, then on the Seward Highway
along Turnagain Arm. The weather is almost always completely opposite
between Whittier and Anchorage.

But it's the people that will make it special. This is an unusual
opportunity for me. And there could be some unique youtube content out
of it.

AG Schnozz