[OM] Nathan's PAD 9/1/2021: Filomena

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 9/1/2021: Filomena
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 10:20:21 +0100
Filomena is the name given to the winter storm that has blanketed most of the
Iberian peninsula with snow, shut down Madrid airport and all the high-speed
train lines except the coastal route Alicante-Valencia-Barcelona, killed four
people so far, and gave us a new temperature record for this peninsula, -34C
somewhere in the Pyrenees in the north.

But here on the coast, we just have wind, rain, and general nastiness, but the
temperatures are still in double digits (C) during the day. But the snow is not
far away; the mountains to the north and west where I usually cycle now look
like this when seen from our beach. As the crow flies, the distance to those
mountains is about 30 km, the view is somewhat compressed by the 230 mm lens on
a Fuji X-T2 camera. The buildings in the foreground are the centre of El
Campello:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vdpw778/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"