Re: [OM] Rising Above the Shadows

Subject: Re: [OM] Rising Above the Shadows
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 08:55:54 -0900
Circumcised Moose wrote:
> I like this.
> I seem to be in a crop the bottom mood.

Thank you.

I had already chopped a lot off the bottom. For some reason what I saw
in the viewfinder looked impressive and fulfilled a certain vision at
the time, but in the computer, it had far too much empty space down
there with no message or purpose. However, in the process of cropping,
what I noticed was that while eye-flow improved, the mountain lost its
strength and became just another snow-covered sledding hill minus the
sleds.

As usual, I overshot the scene and took a zillion pictures in both
vertical and horizontal with all three cameras. Depending on purpose,
some of the other shots are better, but as a single, stand-alone,
screen-display picture, this one worked the best, but still needed
some cropping.

Honestly, there is one picture from the E-400 that I like a lot more,
but I need to do much more work with it to tame the colors. The E-400
has an odd trait in that they fixed the hot-filter (IR) on the sensor
to correct the magenta-blacks, but didn't quite balance out the UV
side of things so it does tend to weird out once in a while. The E-1
and E-300 have the magenta-black and UV problem, but they seem to
balance each other out a bit.

AK Schnozz