Re: [OM] The "Summer Barn"

Subject: Re: [OM] The "Summer Barn"
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 16:15:35 -0800
On 1/3/2021 2:54 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Mike, I agree with Tina, and you even got a star in the corner of the window.
Nice work!

Please consider this musing, not rant. 😁  I have never personally understood the attraction of such "sunstars". They are pure artifacts of the optics, that make no sense to me as part of the subject.*

OTOH, I didn't take note of this one in enjoying the photo, until it was pointed out, so it would appear I am not obsessed. 😉

When I read a review of a lens that points out what nice sunstars it makes, I wonder where I can find the one that doesn't make them at all. 😂

There are, of course, many other ways in which I am out of step with the mainstream. I don't stay awake nights worrying about them.

M. Waterhouse Moose

* And only relatively recent artifacts, at that, as they arose with SLRs, and esp. when auto aperture mechanisms required less friction, and thus fewer blades.