[OM] Nathan's PAD 3/1/2021: the good Samaritans

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 3/1/2021: the good Samaritans
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 19:06:52 +0100
Today was a sunny but cold and very windy day. I went for a ride on the Vía
Verde, the abandoned railroad track converted to a 22 km gravel path for
cyclists and hikers. About 9 km after entering the trail, I happened on two
dogs. One was just resting on the ground, the other one was walking around (but
not straying far from his friend), as if looking for help. I was standing
there, thinking about what to do, when two other cyclists came by. We were
about 4-5 km from the town of Agost, otherwise in the middle of nowhere. But a
call to the Agost police struck gold: someone had reported that their dogs had
disappeared last night, and after sending phone picture the identity was
confirmed. The dogs had wandered off the farm last night and then somehow
entered the trail and could not find their way home; the had spent the whole
night wandering around, and were hungry, dehydrated and tired. While we waited
for the owners, we gave the doggies the water from our bottles, which they
eagerly drank. And then a police car followed by the car of the owners
appeared, and a happy reunion ensued. A good ending to a bad situation.

While we waited, I took a quick snap of my fellow cyclists. At this point we
had no more water for the dogs, so all we could do was to stay with them and
comfort them. Fortunately, the wait was short.

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cQdk4RX/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"