Re: [OM] OT: Missing Packages (now missing rain)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Missing Packages (now missing rain)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 14:46:31 -0800
On 12/17/2020 1:26 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
although the real measures are reservoir fullness and snow surveys.

I'm not sure whey the map doesn't show our system, East Bay MUD. It's at 73% of capacity, so good for at least a couple of low precipitation years. After the mid 70s drought, EBMUD realized they had accepted newly developed areas to the extent that they were overextended in serious drought conditions.

They waited until the crisis was fading from immediate memory, bought some senior water rights from the American River, and built a pipeline. In the last drought period, they exercised their rights to buy water early in the season, leaving their reservoir almost full well past the time some systems were starting to really worry.

Traveling around the state, we saw many signs warning of shortages and imposing restrictions. We never had that. I imagine our rates are higher than if the board had worried more about money than supply, and I'm quite happy with that. 😁

Well Watered Moose