Re: [OM] OT: Missing Packages (now missing rain)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Missing Packages (now missing rain)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 10:59:55 -0800
On 12/16/2020 2:19 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
What looked like the start of a good rainy season seems to have disappeared. 🙁
Not looking good for CA,

There are things for which averages are useful and others for which they are not. Early-mid season in our part of Calif., they are useless. By the end of the season, they are meaningful, although the real measures are reservoir fullness and snow surveys.

I've lived in Berkeley for 75 years. I recall loving some Christmases, esp. involving bikes and other wheeled things, where there was no rain for at least days after Christmas, perhaps through New Years.

Let's guess it was about 25 years ago; no rain in November, no rain in December, panic starting, no rain in January, YIKES, then it rained every day in February, not much some days, a whole lot most days. Total for the year? Above average.

Rain Dance Moose